Friday, January 23, 2009

Full Workup of New Code

I thought the old naming convention for particles 1-4 was awkward so I changed it. The numbers now go up as we go down the cascade chain:



To test the code I assigned the following masses to the particles in order to simulate a generic four body SUSY decay with massless LSP:

Particle 1: Mass - 160 GeV
Particle 2: Mass - 80 GeV
Particle 3: Mass - 40 GeV
Particle 4: Mass - 0.1GeV
Particle A: Mass - 0.1 GeV
Particle B: Mass - 0.1 GeV
Particle C: Mass - 0.1 GeV

I created the following diagnostic plots over 10,000 "events":

Two Triangle Graphs (Endpoints expected at 120 GeV and 69.3 GeV):



Three Ways to Construct Mass Peak of Particle 1 (160 GeV)



Two Ways to Construct Mass Peak of Particle 2 (80 GeV)



One Way to Construct Mass Peak of Particle 3 (40 GeV)



All things suggest that the code is working perfectly. I expect to make some progress recreating the mass of particle 1 in the manner suggested by you this weekend. I will give you an update on Monday.

No comments: